Devbagh Beach, Karwar
$1 per person
Devbagh is the most popular beach in the coastal city of Karwar, headquarters of the Uttara Kannada district. Devbagh beach is known to have inspired the famous poet Shri Ravindranath Tagore who had visited Karwar during the early 20th century.
Things to do at Devbagh Beach:
- Visit Kurumgad Island: An island off the coast of Karwar, known for its tortoise shape, an abandoned lighthouse and a Narasimha temple. Kurumgad Island is accessible by boat from Devbagh beach.
- Water sports: Banana boat rides, parasailing and Jet Ski rides are usually available in Devbagh beach by private operators
- Stay: It is possible to stay right next to Devbagh beach, thanks to Devbagh beach resort by Jungle Lodges & Resorts
- Visit Majali Beach: A popular beach 2 kms north of Devbagh
- Sunset: Enjoy nice sunset from the shores of Devbagh beach
- Narasimha Temple: Visit Narasimha temple right next to Devbagh beach
- Sadashivgadh fort: 4 kms from Devbagh beach, on the northern bank of Kali river, Sadashivgadh fort offers a great sunset view. A Durga Devi temple exists on top.
- Oyster Rock Lighthouse: Located on an island off the coast, can be reached via speed boats
Places to visit near Devbagh Beach: Yana rocks (80 kms), Dandeli (100 kms), Anshi National Park (50 kms) and Gokarna (66 kms) are some of the nearby destinations that can be visited along with Devbagh beach in Karwar.
How to reach Devbagh Beach: Karwar is 520 kms from Bengaluru and 271 kms from Mangaluru. Goa is the nearest airport (90 kms from Karwar). Karwar has a railway station on the Konkan railway line. Regular bus services are available to reach Karwar from all parts of Karnataka. Devbagh beach is 9 kms from Karwar city center and can be reached using auto or taxi.
Places to stay near Devbagh Beach: Devbagh beach resort operated by Jungle Lodges & Resorts and Sterling Resorts are two recommended luxury stays in Karwar. Karwar city has multiple hotels, beach side resorts and homestays.